Friday 12 April 2013

Case for Tablet

When I got a Samsung tablet a few months ago I still had a job and I took it into work to show some colleagues who were thinking of buying one.  One of them said I need a case.  I said yes, I thought I would sew one.  He said 'oh no! get a decent looking one!'
Well I ignored him.
That is a cup of earl grey next to it.  No sugar and I guess you would call it milky.  Well it is milky in Australia but in the UK (I am a Brit) that is not milky, just normal.  Love tea!  Cannot get enough of it.
So I made my tablet case from leftover scraps of children at play by Sarah Jane which I made my sons quilt from.  I had these tiny strips so I just sewed them together and had it lying around for several months waiting.
Here is it before I did the binding.  I am definitely improving my binding skills.  I quilted it with straight lines and used batting and a nice lining fabric.  
As you can see the tablet case is a bit wonky.  I like it like this but I think it should really have been more wonky as it is only halfheartedly wonky and could be mistaken for just being put together badly.  Heaven forbid.
I used this really bright and vibrant fabric for the lining.  I love it.
So that is my finish for this week.
I hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I like the vintage fabric you chose. Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would like to see what you created too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love for you to link up a few fun posts at my weekend link party@The Weekend re-Treat! if you haven’t already yet this weekend on The Best Blog Recipes!

    Hope to see you there!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute piece and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Your fabric choices are great! I am loving the coral bicycle one! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Yeah, glad you didn't listen to that guy at work. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!!
    If tou want you can share it also in my italian link party ;)
    http://www.paroladilaura.it/2013/04/share-your-link-17/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropped by from Keeping It Simple and Craft-O-Maniac. That's a cute project and I was so taken with your talk of Earl Grey tea, as a fellow English girl living abroad I'm ready to go and make my own now! :)

    ReplyDelete