Monday 18 March 2013

Bookcase with Drawer Make Over

I am hard at work on a new piece of furniture at the moment but while I work on that I thought I would show you something I did earlier.
I wanted some shelves for my child's room with a large drawer for all her toys at the bottom.  I wanted it white of course and made of wood, not mdf or chipboard, but white seems to go for vastly more money these days, so I bought it unpainted but varnished.
So this is what it looked like with the drawer removed.  One shelf is fixed and the other two were movable with little holes showing.  I love that the sides and back are tongue and groove.
So I set to work.
 I just sanded it and primed with primer and undercoat in one.  I removed the movable shelves to do this.
I mixed the blue myslef using my favourite colour - dulux green buoy!  It is mixed with dulux antique white USA semi gloss which makes it a little bit different than if added to white.
I asked P Daddy to fix the shelves in permanently and he did this for me.  I hated the little holes and the little fixings were brown anyway so I would have had to get new ones.  I used the old handles for the drawer.
I just love how it turned out! It looks so cute in a girls room.
Another reveal in the new few days of my new desk, I hope!
I think it is amazing what a bit of paint can do.

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love it and I also love the bunting :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, this turned out so cute. I love the pop of blue! You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing it with Share Your Cup. I am not seeing a link back to the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann, I tried and tried and just tried again to add your teacups button to my link ups page and it won't work! Cannot understand why as I have seen it on other blogs so it must work. It is not for lack of trying believe me! I think it is a great looking button too.

      Delete