Monday 6 May 2013

Starting Virtual Quilting Bee

I have decided to join in a virtual quilting bee hosted by Amy at Diary of a Quilter.
I have done two so far.  The first one I did is number 5.
It is a bit puckered and not straight so I will probably unpick some of it and redo it to get it straight.
The second one was harder and it is block number 1.
The corners don't line up that well but it is at least more square than the other one.  I am happy with the colours.  The fabrics for both are Pam Kitty Love which you can still buy, and a bit of Tanya Whelan.
 There will be 16 blocks in total and once I have caught up and done the first 5 there will be one every 2 weeks.  I think it is going to improve my skills and accuracy a lot. 


Virtual Quilting Bee

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I like the retro vibe of these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt block and the colors and fabric are fabulous too. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sew cute - you should join Back to School With pam kitty we r doing civil war blocks using these fabrics- Alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sew.darn.cute! Love the fabrics. Your piecing looks good to me. Have fun. [visiting you from Connie's Linky Party].

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute. Quilting is so time consuming but worth it! Even when you have to use the seam ripper a million times! Thank you for sharing! I’d love to have you visit me at Get Your Crap Together! We have a Pattern Party with free patterns from the 1st of the month to the 10th that I’d love for you to check out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute fabrics and blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute and sweet blocks!
    Esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm impressed, but i barely can sew a straight line! Thanks for sharing at the Give Me The Goods Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice looking!! love the material

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute - really lovely!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete